4 Day Luxury Fly In Fly Out Bwindi Forest Gorilla Trek
4 Days/3 Nights
We offer the ultimate gorilla trekking holiday
Our gorilla trekking safari is a luxury tour that extends over four days and three nights. Enjoy the convenience of flying directly to Kihihi before being transferred to Bwindi Lodge, located within Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. Marvel at the wondrous views from your room. In many cases, you may even get to observe many of the parks other primates from the comfort of your own accommodation. On this gorilla safari you will fly directly in and out of Bwindi, cutting down considerably on travel time, as the roads in and out of this area are often subject to very arduous conditions
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Fly In/Fly Out
- Gorilla Trekking
- Batwa Village Tour
- Guided Rainforest Walk
Safari at a Glance
|1||Entebbe to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park||Bwindi Lodge|
|2||Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park||Bwindi Lodge|
|3||Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park||Bwindi Lodge|
|4||Bwindi to Entebbe|
Day 1: Entebbe to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Arrive at Entebbe airport and transfer to your 08:30 am or 12:30 pm flight to Kihihi. Once there you will be welcomed by your expert guide who will provide knowledge and assistance throughout your journey. Transfer to Bwindi Lodge, where you will stay for the next 2 nights. Here, you will have the chance to unwind and relax. Take your time to explore the grounds of the lodge with its clear mountain stream. The more adventurous can choose to visit the local village.
Day 2: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
After enjoying an early breakfast, you set off gorilla tracking. Trekking through the steep, densely forested hills and then finally coming across the gorillas camouflaged in the vegetation is an inspiring and privileged moment. Tracking in the Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park requires stamina and can often take most of the day. Alternatively there are other activities and excursions on offer in and around the national park:
- Take a guided walk in the rainforest, home to several endemic bird species, clouds of butterflies and rare plant life. This walk offers excellent photographic opportunities and the knowledgeable guide will provide a great insight into this globally important habitat.
- Walk through the local village, and learn about community projects, such as the Amagara project that assists local farmers and their communities, and Bwindi Community Hospital that started as a health clinic under a tree and now provides vital medical and educational services to over 60,000 people. The Volcanoes Safaris Partnership Trust supports both projects.
- Discover the traditions of the Batwa Pygmies, and learn about the native tribal inhabitants of the forest. The indigenous people of Bwindi forest, though no longer resident in the forest, still practice many of their traditional hunter-gatherer skills.
Day 3: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
Either go gorilla tracking again – additional permits required, subject to availability- or opt for one of the other, gentler but equally rewarding alternatives available (see above).
Day 4: Bwindi to Entebbe
Today you will fly to Entebbe, where your adventure concludes. You may choose one of our optional activities or safaris as your next destination. You may wish to enjoy a relaxing beach break in Zanzibar, or go on safari in the Serengeti.
Cost and Availability
|Start Date||End Date||Availability||Price|
- Prices are based on twin share
- 3 nights lodge full board accommodation
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Tea and Coffees
- Refreshments whilst on game drives
- Community and forest walk
- Return internal flights
- One gorilla trekking pass per person
- Guide fees
- Airport transfers
What's Not Included?
- Entry visas and airport taxes
- Single room supplements